Downloader-JU virus

Have a question?

Downloader-JU virus

Postby LuKhach » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:40 pm

Help!
My McAffee software has detected the Downloader-JU, but unable to clean or deleted.

McAffee tracks it to C:/Windowssystems32/notepad.exe/NOTEPAD.EXE, but yet I cannot manually delete it either because of "access is denied".
There is nothing on the internet that I can help with clean this Trojan virus, beside reformatting my hard drive. [/b]
LuKhach

Postby admin » Tue Jun 14, 2005 5:42 pm

Using Mcaffee's recommendations for your trojan, under other considerations for XP removal, you must turn system restore off (My Computer>properties>system restore then click on the check box to turn off system restore) and restart you computer in safe mode. You now can use Mcaffee to detect and clean the problem, or you can manually delete the infected file now. Deleting all the temp files/cơkies and off line content using the tools>internet options, are also recommended.
Then restart and use the normal startup sequence and run Mcaffee again. If things are clean you could then turn system restore back on if you like using it.
Virus/trojan/worm infections all like to hide in system restore files as no antivirus program can clean/delete those protected files.
Remember to copy the notepad.exe from another clean computer with the same windows version.

good luck!
admin
Site Admin

Return to Q & A